The Celebration of Excellence is one of the most uplifting events at the NJEA Convention.
NJEA takes this opportunity to honor the winners of the Frederick L. Hipp grant awards, the NJ Teacher of the Year, the NJ Educational Support Professional of the Year, and the Awards for Excellence winners.
Check out these photos from the event.
NJEA staffer Dr. Rosemary Knab, NJ Teacher of the Year Jeanne DelColle, and former NJ Teacher of the Year Peggy Stewart
Several county teachers of the year, the current NJ Teacher of the Year, Jeanne DelColle, and former state teachers of the year, including Danielle Kovach, held roundtable discussions at the NJEA Convention this morning.
The session, which was scheduled at the same time at the Acting Commissioner’s speech, attracted a small but eager crowd.
Some of the topics the county teachers of the year discussed were:
- I Hate Math No More: Motivating Math Learners;
- The UN & You: Using Education to Improve Universal Standards of Living;
- Tech Tools – tols to Help Engage Your Students With Their Assignments & Keys to Keep them Excited About Their Education;
- Reading Strategies for Fluency;
- Guided Reading Management;
- Global Connections in the Intermediate Grades; and
- Physics/Science Education.
The panel was organized by the New Jersey Center for Teaching and Learning. For more information about the NJ CTL, click here.